Find Your Place on the Catholic Retreat
All the facts and figures you need to know to book your place on this retreat can be found on this page…
- Every Retreat has space for between 10 and 14 guests.
- The next outing is planned for Wednesday 18th to Sunday 22nd May 2016. You will need to set aside five complete days for the spiritual retreat, including the travel days. It may also be advisable to book a subsequent day after the holiday before going back to work to readjust.
- Our steward will be on hand to collect you and your belongings from Perugia Airport and will be able to transport you at the necessary times to meet your return flight.
- Flights are not included as part of the Catholic Retreat and you will be required to book your own departure and return flights. To help ensure that you are able to book a place on the required flights we will supply you with all the necessary information on booking. This allows you to arrive on time with other guests - and we give you the option to contact others prior to the journey if you so wish.
- If you are arriving from the south of the UK, we would recommend using Ryanair for your flights. Inward flights and outbound flights are from London Stansted to Perugia Airport, taking place on a morning and afternoon basis. Guests should book the morning flight, which departs from Stansted around 7.30am.
- For those flying from outside the UK, we will be able to supply you with specific information about flights and logistics on booking.
- The overall cost of the Catholic Retreat is £345 and a non-refundable deposit of £100 is required to secure your place.
If you would like to talk to someone about booking your place on The Catholic Retreat, please contact us using the form below.
Retreat Hosts and Coordinators
Samuel Lidgley works as an osteopath and lives with his wife and son in Walsingham - 'England's Nazereth'. He is a practising Catholic and friend of Fr Michael Collis. Samuel attends the Latin Mass, enjoys robust full-bodied red wine and the occasional pipe. His current pastimes include: reading, horse riding and world percussion.
THE ENVIRONMENT IN THE HOUSE IS SO FRIENDLY AND YOU ARE WELCOMED TO TAKE PART IN ITS EVERYDAY TASKS. CASALINO WAS AN INVITATION TO RETURN BACK TO BASICS AND TO UNWIND FROM LIFE IN LONDON. I LEFT CASALINO WITH INCREDIBLE MEMORIES AND WITH AN OPEN MIND TO APPRECIATE THE VALUE OF NATURE.
I REALLY ENJOYED MY TIME AT CASALINO. I HAD A WARM AND WELCOMING STAY HERE WITHIN THE COMMUNITY ENVIRONMENT, YET WE ALL HAD OUR TIME AND SPACE TO OURSELVES IN THE WONDERFUL SURROUNDINGS OF THE MOUNTAINS AND FORESTS HERE. THE LOCATION IS RICH IN HISTORY FOR RETREATS AND YOU CAN FEEL THAT WHEN YOU ARE HERE. I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THAT YOU COME VISIT AND EXPERIENCE THE PLACE FOR YOURSELF
THE LITTLE TIME I SPENT IN THESE BEAUTIFUL MOUNTAINS FILLED ME WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS AS I TRULY DISCOVERED A CONNECTION WITH NATURE, THE SERENITY OF THE SIMPLE RHYTHM OF LIFE AND THE PLEASURE OF BEING SURROUNDED BY AMAZING PEOPLE. IT IS HARD TO PUT IN WORDS ALL THE THINGS I EXPERIENCED HERE AND THE EMOTIONS I FELT. FROM THE MOMENT YOU WAKE UP - OPENING YOUR EYES TO THE SUN RISING OVER THE MOUNTAINS, HEARING THE PEACEFULNESS OF NATURE, THE BIRDS SINGING OR THE LAUGH OF BEAUTIFUL FRIENDS, TO THE END OF THE DAY - WHEN EVERYONE IS SITTING AROUND THE FIRE, SMILING AND TALKING. EVERYTHING HERE IS BLISSFUL!
MY EXPERIENCE AT CASALINO WAS A WORTHWHILE EXPERIENCE WHICH I TRULY ENJOYED. THE LOCATION OF THE RETREAT IS ISOLATED, BUT THE TIME I SPENT TRAVELLING TO GET TO THERE WAS REQUIRED BECAUSE IT ALLOWED ME TO VALUE THE PEACEFULNESS OF THE PLACE EVEN MORE.
I HAD AN AMAZING TIME. USUALLY WHEN I COME HOME FROM A 'BREAK' OR 'HOLIDAY', I CARRY WITH ME ANGER AND FRUSTRATION, FUELED BY MY ANXIETY AROUND WANTING TO LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST. BREAKS ALWAYS FEEL TOO SHORT AND NOT ENOUGH. HOWEVER, MY EXPERIENCE AT CASALINO HAS LEFT ME FEELING PEACEFUL AND CONTENT....CASALINO IS NOW MY HAPPY PLACE
THIS IS THE KIND OF PLACE YOU NEVER FEEL LIKE LEAVING, NOT JUST BECAUSE OF THE BEAUTIFUL LOCATION, BUT BECAUSE OF THE GREAT ATMOSPHERE AND PEOPLE THAT EXIST HERE.